Posted on October 12, 2017
An embedded system is a computer system with a dedicated function, placed within a larger mechanical or electrical system as part of a complete device. They are found in consumer, industrial sensing, automotive, rapid pathogen detection, biomedical diagnostic instrumentation, fibre optic communication, commercial, and military applications.
Embedded systems have significant advantages:
- Smaller size.
- Low power consumption.
- Rugged operating ranges.
- Low per-unit cost.
- Less onerous requirements for their operating system.
- Rarely need major hardware changes.
Embedded systems can be found in:
- Autonomous vehicle systems.
- Consumer and household electronics.
- GPS receivers.
- Dedicated routers and network bridges in computers.
- Transportation control systems.
- Industrial controllers.
- Hybrid vehicles.
- Medical diagnostic equipment.
ACAMP integrates embedded systems comprised of firmware, control systems and associated sensors to support hardware product development.
We provide cost-effective access to engineering expertise and world-class advanced analytical, testing and manufacturing equipment.
To learn more, please contact us at email@example.com, +1-780-468-2443 or +1-403-291-8946.